Your privacy is important to us.
Version 1, Date of issue 24.5.18
Mark Petty trading as Ranch Studios, Ranch Studios, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS, 01223 750205.
The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
The information we hold on you and how we use it will vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us.
We may ask you to provide us the following data –
- First and Last Name
- Address and Postcode
- Contact Telephone Number
We use the above data to enable us to contact you about the services that you have expressed interest in or have ordered from us to enable us to deliver our services and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. We may contact you to notify you about changes to our service, prevent fraud; and ensure compliance with our rules and procedures. We may also contact you to make you aware of other products and services provided by us that may be of interest to you including printing products, web products, video production and commercial photography.
We collect this data on the following lawful basis to fulfil the services that you have ordered from us or have enquired about, to promote further services that we offer that may be of interest.
Any data that is provided to us to publish upon your public web site is considered information that you wish to publish and make publicly available. Likewise any data that you publish through a content management system on your web site should also be considered as data that will be made public and published on your web site.
Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Accountancy services
- Printing companies
- Email Provider
- Domain name registrars on your request or behalf
- Hosting providers on your request or behalf
- Security certificate providers on your request or behalf
- There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
Through the use of payment processors directly you might provide them with personal information in which to make payments to Ranch Studios. You provide this information on the third party's web site and Ranch Studios only have limited access to that data. We would only access those accounts to:
- Answer a query you may have
- Cancel a payment
- Refund a payment
- Set up a payment
- Accounting and book keeping purposes
- Required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Ranch Studios is not responsible for the content or data protection / privacy policies of third party websites connected to our site or services.
Why do we share your Personal Data with the above?
We share your data in order to;
- Carry out required legal accountancy operations
- Printing companies for delivery to your desired postal address.
- Email Provider so that we can contact you when we need to do.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure
All computers that are used to communicate with you are only accessible via a password to each device.
Information stored on hard drives are encrypted with passwords.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
Any passwords and usernames that are required to access web site areas provided by us (for example including but not limited to content management systems) should be completely unique and not used by you for any other web site or service.
You have the following rights -
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
- We also give you the option to manage your data via contacting us by email, telephone or in writing. : Writing: Ranch Studios, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS Telephone: 01223 750205 Email: email@example.com
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data for;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
If you have any questions about how we handle your information:
Address: Ranch Studios, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS
Telephone: 01223 750205
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office. See www.ico.org.uk for more information.